One of the origin characters in Baldur’s Gate 3, Karlach is a Barbarian freed from the depths of hell but is now being hunted by Paladin Anders and Wyll. If you haven’t already chosen her as your character, during the ‘Hunt the Devil’ quest you will be asked to find her and hunt her down. During this quest, you can also side with her and bring her in as a companion if you haven’t already chosen her as your character. She is one of the trickier origin characters to recruit but it is definitely worth it as this she-devil can be quite a strong companion to have.
In this guide below, we will take a look at how you can find Karlach in Baldurs Gate 3 and also the outcomes of every choice you can make within it.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Karlach location
To find Karlach along with Anders and his warriors, you will have to head over to Blighted Village and head north until you reach the Risen Road. Below is a step-by-step guide on how you can find her:
- Head north from Blighted Village, you will find a broken bridge that you will need to jump over, which will let you know you’re in the right direction.
- Keep progressing towards the north side until you get to a bridge that leads to a Tollhouse with a lot of dead bodies lying around.
- Here, Anders and his fellow warriors will be holding up inside this Tollhouse. Talking to him will result in him offering you a shiny new sword for finding and killing Karlach.
- After doing this, head back out of the Tollhouse and follow the blood stains down south towards the nearby river and you will find Karlach here in a wounded state. The exact coordinates are X:111 and Y:503. Use the image below for a better reference.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Karlach recruitment: All choices and outcomes
There are multiple outcomes for this conversation with Karlach after you find her, one of them is based on the presence of Wyll in your party. Here are all the choices and their outcomes when it comes to who you side with:
- Siding with Anders and killing Karlach: You can choose to do this but it is not recommended to be the best option. Doing so will make you lose the chance to have Karlach as your companion or any other romance opportunity with her as well. If it is really the sword that you want that is being offered by Anders, you can just get that by killing Anders along with Karlach later.
- Siding with Karlach: This is the better outcome as this will result in you getting Karlach as a companion and you will also be able to go kill Anders along with her to get the sword Anders had as a reward. Karlach will also explain to you how Anders isn’t what he says he is and that he and his men are all agents of Zarial, the same god that damned Karlach.
- Siding with Karlach with Wyll present: If you side with Karlach with Wyll present in your party for this conversation, Wyll will initially oppose this idea but you and Wyll will soon learn that Karlach is actually a good devil and Wyll will understand this choice. However, there will be certain other complications for Wyll when you meet him back at camp the next time.
While those are the outcomes for when you choose who to side with, there is yet another set of outcomes that can result in Karlach leaving. These are related to the dispute happening at the Grove which Karlach cares about a lot.
If you choose to raid the Grove, Karlach will leave your party as she is very concerned about the lives of her own people. Also, if you have already done this before meeting with Karlach, she will not like that and refuse to join your party.
Another thing that can make Karlach leave your party is if you steal the Druid idol from the Grove which results in the two parties at the Grove killing each other. This also applies if you allow the Tieflings to die on the road before resolving the issue at the Grove.
That is all you need to know about the location and recruitment choices regarding Karlach in Baldur’s Gate 3. Now that you have Karlach in your party, you might also be interested in knowing the best Multiclass builds in Baldur’s gate 3.