The Black Armory is a foundry in Destiny 2 that was first introduced in the Season of Forge. Along with this came powerful Black Armory weapons of every type, from pistols to pulse rifles. One of the first weapons you get is the Hammerhead Black Armory machine gun which comes after completing the quest for Ada-1, the curator of the Black Armory.
During this quest, you are tasked to calibrate the Black Armory gun frame for Ada-1. So, let’s take a look at how you can go about completing this quest to get your first Black Armory gun.
How To Complete The Black Armory Machine Gun Frame Quest In Destiny 2
The quest you need to do for the weapon is called Black Armory Machine Gun Frame and it is given to you by Ada-1. To unlock the Black Armory itself, you will first have to talk with Spider in The Tangled Shores and get the Black Armory Badge from him.
Now go to the Black Armory at the Tower near the Bazaar area, you will find a fake wall that leads to the Black Armory once you interact with it. Now simply talk to Ada-1 and get the Black Armory Machine Gun Frame quest step from her.
Now, to complete this full quest, here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, you will need to head to the Outskirts or the Gulch of the EDZ and defeat the special objective enemy (it will have ‘forge’ in its name). Then collect the Weapon Core from the chest it will unlock. You will also need to kill 25 Fallen enemies to get the required amount of Compound Ether.
- For the next step, you will need to find and kill 50 Hives with a power weapon and get 15 power weapon multi-kills to calibrate the Black Armory weapon frame. This can be easily done in Hellas Basin on Mars using a sword weapon.
- Next, you will need to kill 25 ‘Powerful’ enemies. Powerful enemies are the ones that have an orange or yellow health bar. The easiest way to do so is to run an Escalation Protocol where enemies get more powerful as you defeat them, guaranteeing Powerful enemies to spawn.
- The weapon will now be fully calibrated but you will need to repeat the previous step and kill 20 more Powerful enemies to get 20 Radiant Seeds so you can craft the Radiant Matrix. After doing that, return to Ada-1 with the Radiant Matrix.
- For the final step, you will need to go to the Sunken Isles in EDZ and complete the Volundr Forge. This is by far the most difficult part of the quest and you might require the help of other players to complete this Forge. Once you defeat the final boss, you will receive your first Black Armory Gun called the Hammerhead Machine Gun.
That is how you can unlock and get the Black Armory Machine Gun in Destiny 2. Since you are looking for guns, you might also be interested in knowing how to get Fighting Lion Catalyst in Destiny 2.