When it comes to battles in Armored Core 6, it’s not just about what weapon you hold in your hands. You could even say that your whole AC is a walking weapon — multiple parts can be changed and used as your Armored Core 6 best weapons. This is why you are going to need to know which one of the hundreds of weapons you can buy is the one that works and performs the best.
Let’s take a look at a list of the best weapons in tier list fashion, making it easy for you to understand which ones are good and which ones are not powerful enough for your purpose.
Table of Contents
Armored Core 6 best weapons tier list based on category
One thing to remember before reading the list is that these weapons are not always the be-all and end-all. In Armored Core 6, you are required to change your weapons based on what the situation demands. While the higher-tier weapons might be powerful, you will still have to figure out which one of those works the best for a given boss or situation.
With that in mind, we are also going to have three different tier lists based on these three categories: Arm weapons, Back weapons, and Melee weapons. This is because it would not be fair if we bunched them all together in one list as they all serve a different purpose in your fights. While the weapons help you with the attack, there are other ways to increase your attack and strategy. We have covered a detailed blog on how to boost kick and stagger the enemies easily.
Armored Core 6 best weapons: Arm weapons tier list
Arms weapons in Armored Core 6 are the ones you can equip in the ‘L-ARM’ and ‘R-ARM’ slots. These are your main weapons that determine how your AC attacks and what kind of damage it does. You can equip two of these Arm weapons at a single time (even two of the same weapon). Keep in mind that even though melee weapons go in the same slots, they are not included in the list below.
- SG-027 Zimmerman (Shotgun)
- DF-GA-08 HU-BEN (Gatling Gun)
- IA-C01W6: NB-REDSHIFT (Coral Rifle)
- VP-66LH (Laser Handgun)
- IA-C01W1: Nebula (Plasma Rifle)
- WS-5000 APERITIF (Siege Missile Launcher)
- VP-66LR/A/B (Laser Rifles)
- HML-G2/P19MLT-04 (Missile Launcher)
- WB-0000 BAD COOK (Flamethrower)
- Vvc-760PR (Plasma Rifle)
- VP-66LS (Laser Shotgun)
- HG-004 DUCKETT (Handgun)
- IB-C03W1: WLT 011 (Coral Rifle)
- SG-026 HALDEMAN (Shotgun)
- EL-PW-00 VIENTO (Needle Gun)
- DF-MG-02 CHANG-CHEN (Machine Gun)
- RF-025 SCUDDER (Assault Rifle)
- WUEGER/66E (Laser Shotgun)
- LR-037 Harris (Linear Rifle)
- HI-16: GUQ1 (Pulse Gun)
- MA-J-201 RANSETSU-AR (Burst Assault Rifle)
Armored Core 6 best weapons: Back weapons tier list
The back weapons in Armored Core 6 go onto the shoulders of your AC in ‘L-BACK‘ and ‘R-BACK‘. These weapons can either complement your Arm weapons or be an alternative type of damage in case an enemy or boss requires you to have two different types of damage inflicted on them. These weapons are mostly explosives like launchers and cannons and can be used to hit your target’s weak points easily as they don’t necessarily travel in a straight line.
- VE-60SNA (Stun Needle Launcher)
- SONGBIRDS (Grenade Cannon)
- FASAN/60E (Plasma Cannon)
- VP-60LCS (Laser Cannon)
- Vvc-706PM (Plasma Missile Launcher)
- BML-G2/P05MLT-10 (Missile Launcher)
- VP-60LCD (Diffuse Laser Cannon)
- EL-PW-01 TRUENO (Needle Missile Launcher)
- SB-033M MORLEY (Spread Bazooka)
- BML-G1/P07VTC-12 (Vertical Missile Launcher)
- Earshot (Grenade Cannon)
- Vvc-70VPM (Plasma Missile Launcher)
- IB-C03W3: NGI 006 (Coral Missile Launcher)
- IC-C01W3: AURORA (Light Wave Cannon)
- KRANICH/60Z (Pulse Cannon)
- 45-091 ORBT (Laser Orbit)
Armored Core 6 best weapons: Melee weapons tier list
Using melee weapons locks you into an animation for a long time, leaving you vulnerable if you miss. Therefore, they are meant to be used at a perfect time when your enemy is staggered. Alternatively, they can also be used to bring down things like shields on certain enemies and bosses.
- PB-033M ASHMEAD (Pile Bunker)
- VE-67LLA (Laser Lance)
- IB-C03W2: WLT 101 (Coral Oscillator)
- HI-32: BU-TT/A (Pulse Blade)
- VP-67LD (Laser Dagger)
- VP-67EB (Stun Baton)
- Vvc-774LS (Laser Slicer)
- DF-ET-09 TAI-YANG-SHOU (Explosive Thrower)
- Vvc-770LB (Laser Blade)
- IA-C01W7: ML-REDSHIFT (Coral Oscillator)
- WB-0010 DOUBLE TROUBLE (Chainsaw)
- IA-C01W2: Moonlight (Light Wave Blade)
That concludes our Armored Core 6 best weapons tier list. Since you are looking to get the S Tier weapons, you might want to know how to get the Zimmerman Shotgun in Armored Core 6 as it is one of the S Tier Arm weapons in the game.