IB-01: CEL 240, the final boss of chapter 4 in Armored Core 6, is much more challenging and stronger than any other boss. But despite being an intimidating boss, it has weaknesses and can be defeated with the right build and strategy.
Hence, it’s vital to make sure that you build your mech in a way that it can outplay the Coral boss. Keeping this in mind, this guide will focus on a particular build and ways to beat the chapter 4 boss in Armored Core 6.
How to beat Armored Core 6 chapter 4 boss, IB-01: CEL 240?
In the chapter 4 finale ‘Reach the Coral Convergence’, you’ll finally meet the IB-01: CEL 240. Once you arrive at the destination, the boss will unexpectedly appear and start the fight. This boss has two phases, so if you happen to kill him for the first time, don’t celebrate yet, as it’ll come back even stronger with faster and more destructive attacks.
The different types of attacks this boss uses includes:
- Laser Barrage
- Laser Slash
- Laser Burst
- Charged Laser Barrage
All of these attacks, as mentioned above from IB-01: CEL 240, are super-fast and lethal. In order to remain safe and defeat the chapter 4 boss as soon as possible, you can take one of two ways: focus on mastering your movement and win in the long run or use a powerful build to burst down the boss as soon as possible. If you opt for the latter, you must have a build that provides enough damage per second (DPS) to the boss.
Best build to defeat chapter 4 final boss in Armored Core 6
- Arm weapons: DF-GA-08 HU-BEN
- Back weapons: VE-60SNA
- Head: HD-012 MELANDER C3
- Core: DF-BD-08 TIAN-QIANG
- Arms: IA-C01A: EPHEMERA
- Legs: DF-LG-08 TIAN-QIANG
- FCS: FCS-G2/P05
- Generator: VP-20D
- Booster: IA-C01B: GILLS
Once you have assembled everything from the list above, you’re ready to jump on the battlefield against the final boss.
Tips to defeat the final boss in Chapter 4 of Armored Core 6
- In the beginning, the CEL 240 will shower a ton of lasers along with a melee attack right at you, which you can dodge by strafing to either side.
- While on the move, remember to keep your eyes open for the attack animation while the boss is winding up for a heavy attack. Upon noticing it, stun the boss instantly with your Stun Needle Launchers and use your Gatling guns to shred it in the meantime.
- Rinse and repeat this staggering and shooting process to brute force the first phase.
- As this boss also uses an X-shaped wave attack, flying up and avoiding those incoming splash damages is recommended.
- In the second phase, CEL 240 comes with more destructive attacks and fewer counterattack windows.
- For the first couple of attacks, try to dodge as much as you can, as you won’t be able to damage the boss. Then try to be highly aggressive and rinse and repeat the Stun Needle Launcher-Gatling guns combo to burst down CEL 240.
- In this final phase, the blade attacks will be more frequent and faster, which you can counter using your aerial maneuverability.
- As this boss has a lot more attacks lined up for you, try to be on the offensive side by staying close and bursting it down before it can kill you.
With the help of all the tips above, you’ll be able to defeat the chapter 4 boss in Armored Core 6. If you don’t, make some tweaks in your build according to your playstyle and practice more. Once you are done with the mission, you will need to know how to defeat Ayre boss as well. Do check out our step by step guide on it.
Let us know in the comments below if this worked for you.