The gruesome boss fight with Balteus at the end of the first chapter in Armored Core 6 has the potential to induce rage in you. A flying machine built like a tank, consisting of heavy flamethrowers and built-in missile launcher rings can cause some serious damage to your mech.
Therefore, it becomes crucial to make sure that you have bested your mech build for this fight through the objectives and missions. Moreover, saving the Repair Kits for the boss fight will go a long way against Balteus. However, there’s more to just preserving Armor Points and Energy in this first boss battle of the game. So let us check out how to defeat Balteus in Armored Core 6.
How to Defeat Balteus in Armored Core 6
The key to conquering this boss fight comes with the combination of patience, timing, and the use of the right kind of weapons in your mech build. Even though Balteus is a huge floating machine with heavy hitters and a Pulse Armor at its disposal, its biggest weakness is its speed and agility. These two things are the ones that you can add to your advantage in your mech build along with the weapons. Now let us dive into the actual fight scenario and how to defeat Balteus.
- With the beginning of the fight, Balteus will launch a ton of missiles right at you which you can dodge through the boost maneuver and instantly attack it with your guns, finding an opening to get maximum damage.
- You can equip your Armor with the HI-16: GU-Q1 guns that would cause damage to the pulse armor while loading the VP-60LCS laser guns as the left and right back units for the real damage to Balteus.
- Now, while fighting Balteus, you need to have agility and speed and use it to get closer to him and timing the attacks. The targeted missile attacks might tend to hit you at times even when you time your dodges right but the shotgun blasts and bullets can be avoided with a simple movement here and there.
- Another crucial element of defense is to be aware of the beeping warning indicators as they are your cue to evade as Balteus is about to release a severe canon shot.
- Getting on the offensive side, you need to go in guns blazing with your guns to break the pulse shield to stagger Balteus and then use your laser guns to do the maximum damage. If you are equipped with melee weapons, you can directly hit the boss as well once it is staggered to cause maximum damage.
- However, melee attacks are not recommended for head-on attacks as Balteus will hit you with a canon shot which you won’t be able to evade.
- Now once you bring the boss down to 50% health, it will release a big wave of blast and you need to evade as far and as fast as possible to avoid taking major damage.
- In the second phase of the fight, Balteus will attack you with flamethrowers and flaming blades which can be dangerous if hit.
- The best course of action for dodging flamethrowers is to fly high up and get away from their range, while the flaming blades can be dodged by dashing either sideways, backward, or even hovering upwards.
Keeping all of these tactics in mind and attacking them rigorously with your heavy hitters while timing the attacks will prove to be fruitful in the end. However, if this particular method does not work well for you, you can always experiment with different builds and options and try it your way. As difficult or impossible as this boss fight might seem to you at first glance, it is surely possible to conquer with the right tactics.
That was all on our guide on how to defeat Balteus in Armored Core 6. We have covered a detailed guide on how to defeat Smart Cleaner boss in another article. Don’t forget to check out!