Shade Eye in Armored Core 6 is a rare yet powerful head part that offers powerful enhancement to your armor suit. This part helps you identify your enemies with greater accuracy and also offers advantages while stealthily moving away from rows of enemies.
Armored Core 6 Shade Eye also grants enhanced stability, and increased scan distance as well as scan effect duration. Furthermore, this item includes a unique blade countermeasure system that aids you in deflecting incoming enemy attacks.
What are the benefits of Armored Core 6 Shade Eye?
Unlocking Shade Eye will grant you the following benefits in the game:
- Enhanced sensor performance – Equipping this head part will enhance your armor’s ability to locate the enemies from a distance, thereby offering you a chance to target enemies from afar as well as avoid any stronger enemies by keeping them at arm’s length.
- Increased stealth – Shade Eye in Armored Core 6 allows you to level up your stealth game by lowering the enemy’s ability to detect you. This could come in handy in situations where you’d rather sneak past arrays of guards and foes towards your objective rather than engage in combat.
- Higher durability – Incorporating this item into your build will increase your chances of surviving tough battles. Your defenses will improve, and you will be able to take more hits from a strong enemy without significantly damaging your armor.
How to find Shade Eye in Armored Core 6?
In order to unlock Armored Core 6 Shade Eye, you will have to complete all the Gammas Analysis encounters in the game’s arena mode. As these encounters are only available in the New Game Plus mode, meaning you have to complete one playthrough to unlock them, getting your hands on this item can be a bit tricky. Have to tried Tank And Tetrapod Legs? if not, don’t forget to check our detailed guide on how to unlock Tank And Tetrapod Legs.
In order to get your hands on Shade Eye, you can follow one of these two routes:
Complete Gamma Analysis
- Complete one playthrough and unlock the New Game Plus mode.
- In order to unlock the arena encounters, you will have to complete the new mission ‘Destroy the Ice Worm’.
- Defeating the Ice Worm is relatively easy, as you have to focus on avoiding its highly damaging attacks by being mobile and dealing maximum damage to its weak points.
- Once you unlock the arena encounters, partake in Gamma Analysis encounters.
- During these, you will have to defeat 10 particularly hard boss-level robots.
- Each robot has a unique build and attack pattern, requiring you to craft a different strategy to deal with each and every one of them.
- Once you fight these ten battles, the Shade Eye will be granted to you as a reward.
Complete the secret mission
You can also get the Armored Core 6 Shade Eye by completing a secret mission. This secret mission can only be unlocked when you scan a secret code during Mission 23: Attack the Old Spaceport. Here’s how to get to the secret code:
- Infiltrate the old spaceport by using stealth and only attack when detected or absolutely necessary.
- The spaceport will be guarded by mech guards, land mines, LCs, and turrets – so stealth is your best bet to reach your objective.
- Find and reach the core. Once you reach the core, there will be a hidden code on a wall.
- Use your fire control system to scan the walls of the core’s chamber to find the code.
- Successfully scanning the code will unlock a new, secret mission called Find Shade Eye.
- You will be rewarded with Shade Eye once you complete this mission.
Drawbacks of Shade Eye in Armored Core 6
While the Shade Eye certainly offers various attractive benefits, it is essential to note that it also has several drawbacks. Finding it is a task in itself and it is highly energy consuming. It’s also extremely heavy so when you equip it, your speed and agility will surely take a hit. Apart from that, this rare item isn’t compatible with every part you may utilize in your armor build. For example, the Armored Core 6 Shade Eye is completely incompatible with the ECM or Over Boost, meaning you will have to make tough choices when customizing your build.