Weapon attachments were introduced in Fortnite Chapter 5, allowing you to customize your weapons to be more unique to your own style. You can adjust the stats they perform with, like magazine size and accuracy, or add optics to improve your aim. Below, we’ll let you know how it works and how to maximize efficiency.
How Do You Modify Weapons in Fortnite?
To modify weapons in Fortnite Chapter 5, you must find Mod Benches. These benches are located inside vaults, which are guarded by bosses. Once you defeat the boss, you can use a Society Medallion to open the vault and access the Mod Bench inside.
At the Mod Bench, you can browse the available mods and see which ones are compatible with your weapon. Each mod has a unique cost in Gold. There is a refund option that lets you remove mods and get a portion of your Gold back.
One thing to remember is that not every mod works with every weapon, so be careful what you choose.
How To Make a Better Weapon in Fortnite
There are many ways to make a weapon better in Fortnite using mods, depending on what you want to achieve:
- Increase magazine size: Drum Mags let you fire more shots before reloading.
- Improve accuracy: Silencers and Foregrips reduce recoil, making your shots steadier.
- Boost reload speed: Speed Mags help you get back into the fight faster.
- Enhance aiming: Scopes like the Holo-13 and P2X Optics give you a magnified view, making long-range targets easier to hit.
Ultimately, the best mods for you depend on your playstyle and the weapon you’re using. Experiment and find what works best for you!
Can I Increase the Magazine Size on a Fortnite Weapon?
You can increase weapon size by changing your mod for your magazine. As mentioned before, Drum Mags are a lifesaver if you hate reloading mid-fight. They significantly increase your magazine size, letting you lay down more fire before needing to swap weapons or scurry for cover.
Can I Increase Weapon Accuracy in Fortnite?
You can increase your weapon accuracy in Fortnite. Two of the mods you want to focus on are:
- Silencers: These reduce muzzle flash, making it harder for enemies to pinpoint your location. The steadier aim also helps with recoil control.
- Foregrips: Both Vertical and Angled Foregrips help tame recoil, especially when aiming down sights (ADS). This makes your shots more precise, especially at medium and long ranges.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to weapon mods. Try out different combinations and see what makes you like.