Marisa is a versatile and aggressive character in Street Fighter 6, known for her speed, mix-up potential, and high-damage combos. With her unique moveset and playstyle, she can be a formidable force in the hands of a skilled player. This guide will delve into Marisa’s moves, strategies, and advanced techniques to help you master the character and dominate your opponents.
Marisa Street Fighter 6: Character overview
Marisa is a rushdown character, which means she excels at pressuring opponents up close and overwhelming them with fast attacks and mix-ups. She has great mobility and can quickly close the distance on her opponent. Marisa’s moves are primarily focused on dealing damage and controlling space, making her an offensive powerhouse.
Marisa Street Fighter 6: Basic moves
To start, let’s go over Marisa’s basic moves:
- Standing Light Punch (LP): A quick jab that can be used to interrupt your opponent’s attacks and start combos.
- Standing Medium Punch (MP): A slightly stronger punch that can also be used to start combos or link into other attacks.
- Standing Heavy Punch (HP): A powerful punch with good range that can be used to punish your opponent’s mistakes or as an anti-air.
- Standing Light Kick (LK): A quick kick that can be used to keep your opponent at bay and create pressure
- Standing Medium Kick (MK): A solid kick with decent range that can be used to control space and start combos.
- Standing Heavy Kick (HK): A strong kick with good reach that can be used as a poke or to punish your opponent’s whiffs.
- Crouching Light Punch (c.LP): Similar to the standing version, a quick jab that can be used for interrupting and starting combos.
- Crouching Medium Punch (c.MP): A slightly stronger punch that can be used for combos and pressure.
- Crouching Heavy Punch (c.HP): A strong uppercut that serves as an anti-air and a punish tool.
- Crouching Light Kick (c.LK): A quick low kick that can be used for pressure and combo starters.
- Crouching Medium Kick (c.MK): A low kick with good range that can be used to control space and link into combos.
- Crouching Heavy Kick (c.HK): A sweep kick that knocks down the opponent, creating opportunities for mix-ups.
- Jumping Light Punch (j.LP): A quick punch that can be used for air-to-air situations.
- Jumping Medium Punch (j.MP): A versatile air attack that can be used for both offense and defense.
- Jumping Heavy Punch (j.HP): A powerful downward punch that can be used for jump-ins and air-to-ground attacks.
- Jumping Light Kick (j.LK): A quick kick that can be used for cross-ups and air-to-air situations.
- Jumping Medium Kick (j.MK): A versatile air attack that can be used for offense and defense.
- Jumping Heavy Kick (j.HK): A strong kick that can be used for jump-ins and air-to-ground attacks.
These are just the basic moves, but understanding their properties and how they can be used in various situations is crucial for mastering Marisa.
Marisa Street Fighter 6: Special moves
Marisa has a set of special moves that are essential for her gameplay. Let’s take a look at each of them:
Holy Lance (Quarter-Circle Forward + Punch):
She lunges forward with a powerful lance attack. The light punch version is fast and has decent range, making it useful for closing the gap or punishing whiffs. The medium punch version travels a bit farther, while the heavy punch version covers the most distance. Holy Lance can be canceled into super moves for more damage and combo potential.
Lightning Strike (Quarter-Circle Back + Kick):
Marisa performs a quick lightning strike attack that hits overhead. The light kick version is the fastest but has the least range, while the heavy kick version is slower but covers more distance. Use Lightning Strike to mix up your opponent’s blocking and create opportunities for combos.
Dimachaerus (Charge Back, Forward + Punch):
This makes her charges forward with a powerful shoulder attack. The light punch version is quick but has shorter range, while the heavy punch version is slower but covers more distance. Dimachaerus can be used as a combo ender or to punish your opponent’s mistakes.
Caelum Arc (While Airborne) Quarter-Circle Back + Punch:
Marisa throws a projectile while in the air. The light punch version throws the projectile at a downward angle, while the heavy punch version throws it horizontally. Caelum Arc is useful for keeping opponents at bay, applying pressure from a distance, or setting up follow-up attacks.
Tempest Dance (Quarter-Circle Forward + Kick):
This performs a spinning kick attack that hits multiple times. The light kick version hits twice, the medium kick version hits thrice, and the heavy kick version hits four times. Tempest Dance is an excellent combo ender and can deal significant damage if all hits connect.
These special moves are the core of Marisa’s offensive arsenal. Understanding their properties, range, and combo potential is crucial for maximizing Marisa’s damage output and mix-up potential.
Marisa Street Fighter 6: Combos
Now let’s dive into some of Marisa’s combos. Combos are a sequence of attacks that are chained together to deal maximum damage. Here are a few examples:
Basic Combo 1:
c.LP > c.LP > c.MP > Holy Lance (Light Punch)
This is a simple yet effective combo that can be used as a bread-and-butter punish combo. Start with two crouching light punches to confirm the hit, then follow up with a crouching medium punch for additional damage. Finally, cancel into Holy Lance with the light punch version for a knockdown and potential okizeme (wake-up pressure) situation.
Basic Combo 2:
c.MK > Tempest Dance (Light Kick)
This combo utilizes Marisa’s crouching medium kick as a combo starter. After landing the crouching medium kick, cancel it into Tempest Dance with the light kick version for a multi-hit combo that deals solid damage. This combo is great for ending a string with a hard knockdown.
Advanced Combo 1:
c.LP > c.LP > c.MP > Dimachaerus (Heavy Punch) > Javelin of Marisa (Super Art)
This is a more advanced combo that incorporates Marisa’s super art, Javelin of Marisa. Start with the basic punish combo of crouching light punches into crouching medium punch. Follow up with Dimachaerus using the heavy punch version for added damage. Finally, cancel into Javelin of Marisa for a powerful super move that deals massive damage.
Advanced Combo 2:
(While Airborne) Caelum Arc (Light Punch) > Javelin of Marisa (Super Art)
This combo showcases Marisa’s aerial combo potential. While in the air, use Caelum Arc with the light punch version to throw a projectile at a downward angle. As soon as the projectile connects, cancel into Javelin of Marisa for a stylish and damaging combo. This combo is great for catching opponents off guard and dealing significant damage.
These are just a few examples of combos you can perform with Marisa in Street Fighter 6. Experiment with different moves and timings to discover your own unique combos and maximize her damage potential.
Marisa Street Fighter 6: Advanced techniques
To truly excel with Marisa in Street Fighter 6, it’s important to master some advanced techniques. Here are a few of them that can give you an edge in battles:
Marisa’s V-Trigger, “Luminous Blaze,” enhances her abilities and provides additional combo opportunities. Activate V-Trigger to increase damage, add new properties to certain moves, and access unique combo paths. Experiment with different V-Trigger activations and explore their potential in various situations.
Marisa’s speed and mobility make her an excellent character for mix-ups. Use her fast dashes, overhead attacks like Lightning Strike, and throws to keep your opponent guessing and create openings for big damage combos. Mix up your offense with high and low attacks, cross-ups, and throw baits to keep your opponent on their toes.
Her fast and powerful attacks allow for effective frame traps. A frame trap is a sequence of attacks that punishes opponents for pressing buttons. Use Marisa’s fast light attacks to interrupt your opponent’s attempts to counterattack and continue your offense.
She has several anti-air options to keep opponents from jumping in on her. Her crouching heavy punch is a reliable anti-air move that can stop opponents in their tracks. Additionally, her Holy Lance and Javelin of Marisa super move can also be used as anti-air tools if timed correctly.
Marisa excels at corner pressure due to her fast attacks and mix-up potential. Once you have your opponent trapped in the corner, use her high-low mix-ups, throws, and frame traps to keep them guessing and prevent them from escaping. Maintain pressure and punish any attempts to reverse the situation.
Mastering Marisa in Street Fighter 6 requires a combination of speed, precision, and a solid understanding of her moves and strategies. Practice her combos, learn her mix-up game, and experiment with advanced techniques to become a formidable force on the battlefield. Remember to adapt your playstyle to different matchups and opponents but most importantly, have fun.