The Extreme Violence mod for Sims 4 is the recent exciting offering from the game’s highly active modding community. Quite literally packing a punch, this new mod lets PC gamers play Sims 4 in a way that resembles something of a classic horror or slasher movie.
On This Page
What Is The Sims 4 Extreme Violence Mod?
Recently praised as one of the most popular Sims 4 mods, Extreme Violence is developed by Sacrificial Mods, a well-known name in Sims 4’s bustling modding community. This group of modders is credited for several popular releases in the past, including an immersive and detailed mod that depicts realistic events of a zombie apocalypse. Another mod from them also introduced a fame system, well before EA released the Get Famous expansion pack.
The Extreme Violence mod for Sims 4 unleashes what its name promises: unbound violence. This mod puts forth brutal and violent animations, makes way for new interactions between players and NPCs, and incorporates classic horror movie gore by pouring buckets and buckets of blood into the mix. Using it can allow you to murder other characters, engage in various illegal and dangerous activities and crimes, and deal with the consequences in the form of the police.
It’s worth noting that if you lack the stomach and are easily phased by gore, blood, and mindless violence, this might not be your cup of tea. Suffice it to say, this mod is made only for adult players (so it isn’t the best idea to install this on your system if a young one plays the game on the device).
How To Install The Sims 4 Extreme Violence Mod
In order to download and play this mod on your computer, you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to the Sacrificial Mods Download Page.
- Navigate the list of mods and scroll down to select the Extreme Violence Mod. A .zip file will start downloading once you click the mod icon.
- Ensure that you choose the latest version of the mod (in case there are two or more bearing the same name)
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Sims 4 game installed on your system. If there’s a new version update, install the base game update before installing the mod.
- Open the .zip file using an extraction software like WinZip, WinRAR, or 7zip. Any other reliable .zip extractor of your choosing would work.
- Select all the files present inside the now extracted folder and extract them to the Sims 4 mods folder. The most common pathway to the mods folder on your PC is – This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
- Start Sims 4 normally. Once you see the Main Menu, ensure that you enable the option ‘Custom Content and Script Mods’, found under Settings. The game might restart and launch in the Extreme Violence mod.
- You have now successfully installed and launched the Extreme Violence mod in Sims 4.
Note: Every time the base version of the game receives a new update, the ‘Custom Content and Script Mods’ option will be automatically disabled. Hence, you would need to toggle that option back after every base version update.
The Sacrificial Mods creators constantly update their mods to add new content or make suitable changes after the base game update. We recommend periodically checking their website to know if they have released a new version of the mod you’re currently playing.
Sims 4 Extreme Violence Mod: Key Features
The Extreme Violence mod in Sims 4 allows you to carry out various heinous and brutal crimes, choke and assault other players, get into fistfights, or even knife fights with others. You can stab another player, rob them, assault them, and engage in some other violent acts. The full list of features of this mod is as follows:
- Murder an opponent in several creative ways, including choking them to death, stabbing them to death, ripping out a live sim’s heart, leveling waves of residents with a Uzi rifle, running over other players using a car, etc.
- The mod introduces two new moodlets, including a prison break as well as ‘Above Authority’ which can be gained respectively by committing a crime, getting thrown in jail, escaping it, and killing a police officer.
- If you commit a murder, you will receive a ‘Serial Killer’ trait. If you continue your rampage of killings, the Grim Reaper will eventually send you a warning. If you don’t pay heed to the warning and continue murdering players, eventually, the Grim Reaper himself will descend into your gameplay and subject you to a brutal beating as a punishment.
- The mod introduces Vampires. If you choose to be one, you will get the ability to drink blood and drain another sim completely, causing them to die.
- The mod also introduces a new aspiration called ‘Psychopathic Killer’. This trait is designed especially for players who aspire to be a popular serial killer.
- Firearms are accessible through this mod, enabling players to kill others or even incapacitate them for some time, from the distance.
- Two gangs are added in this mod, namely, The Hardwood Gang and the Thotties, along with a turf war between them.
Common Issues & Troubleshooting
If you have installed the mod and for some reason, it isn’t working, you can take the following steps to troubleshoot your way out and get on to killing:
- Ensure that you are working with the latest versions of both the game as well as the mod.
- Ensure the ‘Custom Content & Script Mods’ option is turned ‘On’ each time you prepare to launch a mod.
- Ensure that all the mods’ files are stored together, and are only one sub-folder deep.
- If you are still facing issues with this particular mod, uninstall all the other mods you may have.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Sims 4 Mods Manager to identify the specific issues and troubleshoot them.