As you swing your way through a criminal-infested New York City in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, your Peter Parker or Miles Morales (whichever character you choose) comes across Dr. Curt Connors who turns out to be the giant enemy known as the Lizard in the game. This behemoth of an enemy possesses incredible strength and agility, making it difficult to win this fight.
If you’re facing the Lizard and want some helpful tips and tricks that could make you the sole victor of this boss battle, here’s every detail you need.
On This Page
Spider-Man 2 Abilities
If you want to beat the Lizard in battle, you will need to combo a few of Spiderman’s abilities and time correctly for an advantage. Spider-Man 2 has revamped some old abilities seen in the previous game, and added in some new ones in the mix. The abilities to look out for are:
- Parry – Spider-Man 2 has added the parry ability to counter your opponent’s attacks. Parry lets you deflect the Lizard’s attack, leaving him vulnerable and susceptible to damage for a short while.
- Web Shooters – The Lizard is not that fond of your webs and that makes it the perfect weapon for attacks. Just shoot out your webs and get a few hits in once you see the beast struggling to get the webs off.
- Gadgets – Gadgets can definitely help you distract your opponent if you need to heal up or take a breather between the Lizard’s three-part battle.
- Spider Sense – Your spider sense is quite helpful if you pay attention to its color. The sense will turn red immediately when it senses an incoming attack, giving you enough time to prepare for a dodge.
- Symbiote Powers – You can also use your Venom powers to shoot out black webs and get an upper hand in this battle.
Just utilize your kick and dodge effectively to counter the Lizard’s attacks.
How To Defeat The Lizard In Spider-Man 2
The boss fight with the Lizard is quite a lengthy process involving three different phases; the second and third phases are initiated when the Lizard’s health reaches zero. You need to dodge and parry this enemy’s attacks to beat it easily.
In the first phase, the Lizard will mainly stay on the ground and use its claws and tail to inflict damage. All you need to do is dodge these incoming attacks and strike at the right moments with a few kicks and web-shooters.
It will also try to bite your face off with its giant jaws and sharp teeth. Although you cannot dodge or parry this move, your spidey sense will warn you once the Lizard decides to go for this attack. Just move away at the correct time, to avoid getting chomped on.
You can also use your senses to spot vents on the ground and open them when the enemy is near it, for a short-timed stagger. Get in a few good hits during this moment.
Once his health reaches zero, the Lizard will move on to phase two.
During the second phase of the battle, the now enraged beast will cling to the walls and attack in that pattern. He will also rip up pieces of concrete from the wall and throw them in your direction but you will be unable to parry these chunks and have to dodge and avoid them at all costs.
To attack Dr. Connors during this phase, use web shooters and stick to his body to get in a few hits.
Repeat this process a couple of times and bring his health to zero. This will initiate a chase sequence where you need to chase the Lizard down throughout the busy streets of New York.
Once the chase ends, you will find yourself facing him once again for the third and final phase.
Similar to Phase 1, the third phase will also be a ground battle. But now, the Lizard will use his infamous Roar to knock you off and throw you off your balance. To avoid bleeding ears, back away the moment he decides to open his mouth for the roar.
You will find similar vents that can be used against the Lizard for stagger. Finally, when his health is down to one-third, use your charged-up Symbiote Surge to finish this enemy.