If you love hoarding your loot in Starfield, chances are you are already tired of sorting through the awful inventory system in the game. Fear not, like other Bethesda games such as Skyrim and Fallout 4, talented modders have once again come to the rescue and graced us with the Starfield StarUI Inventory Mod.
User m8r98a4f2 has recently released the Starfield StarUI Inventory Mod in NexusMods. With a compact display, icons for item categories, and sorting ease, this mod is a major blessing for PC gamers playing Starfield.
The description on the Nexusmods page of the mod lists the following features:
- A more compact overview of category and item lists.
- Sorting columns have mass, value, value/mass, mass of stack, damage, damage resistance, and ammo mentioned. This feature is also customizable in the INI file.
- Column items can be sorted according to ascending or descending order.
- Items will have category icons for better viewing and will mention their mass.
- Navigation keys such as Page-Up, Page-Down, Home, and End are included for faster navigation.
- Items can be transferred from/to container, from/to ship, or buy/sell for trading in a single category.
- The scrollbar has been increased in size.
- Font and font size can be changed.
- Mouse wheel will scroll between available lists of items.
- [Tab] button has been included to go back to the game directly instead of the character screen.
- Files are multi-language.
- All options can be configured in the Data\Interface\StarUI Inventory.ini file available after downloading the mod.
The Starfield StarUI Inventory Mod is currently in the first stages of development and currently accommodating both keyboard/mouse and controller use. As for previous Bethesda RPGs, SkyUI was the mod for Skyrim that fixed its debatable inventory UI and is the most downloaded mod on Skyrim for PC. While StarUI is not as feature-complete as that yet, we are sure it will get there with more iterations.
How to Download and Install Starfield StarUI Inventory Mod
To download the mod, simply go to NexusMods and select the latest version of the mod. (You have to register a free account on the site)
Take a look at Gopher’s Starfield modding tutorial video for Starfield to get a brief understanding of how it works:
While the video teaches you how to do it, here is another reminder of what you need to know before you go to install any Starfield mod. In essence, these next steps enable the game to be modded:
- First, go to your “Documents\My Games\Starfield” folder
- Then create a new file called “StarfieldCustom.ini”
- After that, you need to open the same file using a text editor and paste the following lines before saving and exiting:
Mod Managers are crucial for installing mods as they can do some of the heavy lifting as compared to installing mods on your own.
If you are a first-time modder, Nexusmods’ Vortex can be your go-to mod manager for Starfield. However, we recommend using Mod Organizer 2 as it is more feature-complete which you might not need right now, but it will be a lifesaver once your load order becomes longer and more finicky. The good news is the Mod Organizer 2 team just released support for Starfield today. And if you head over to their Discord server from the first pinned post of this link, you can get yourself MO2 that’s ready to go with Starfield.
Installing the Mod
To install the mod, download the StarUI mod file using the mod manager, or if you already have it downloaded, open your mod manager and click the install button next to the file. Once it says “Enabled”, you are good to go. However, keep in mind that you must always open the game from the mod manager for the mods to load.
If you liked the Starfield StarUI inventory mod, check out our list of mods that came out on the very first day of Starfield early access.