Lords of the Fallen features many challenging and brutally difficult bosses like you would expect from a souls-like. The most difficult ones are the Colossus bosses, which are the game’s main bosses. One such Colossus boss is The Hollow Crow that feels like it could be straight out of a horror movie.
In this guide, we will show you where you can find this ice-powered demon crow in Lords of the Fallen and what tactics you need to apply to defeat it once and for all.
On This Page
Where To Find The Hollow Crow in Lords of the Fallen
The Hollow Crow can be encountered at the end of the Fief of the Chill Curse area in Lords of the Fallen. Here is how you can get to it:
- Progress through the main game and defeat The Congregator of Flesh boss in the Forsaken Fen area.
- Head back to Skyrest Bridge and talk to Andreas of Ebb NPC and get the Fief Key from him. This will unlock the gates with a bell in the center near the Vestige of Marco the Axe.
- Go through this gate and proceed to the Feif of the Chill Curse area. Progress through this area until you reach the Vestige of Loash.
- From here, go in the passage that goes through some twigs and it will lead you to the arena where The Hollow Crow boss fight takes place.
How To Defeat The Hollow Crow Boss
The Hollow Crow is a huge crow-like being that ice-based powers akin to dark magic, which is why it’s important to understand all of the attacks from his moveset.
The Hollow Crow Moveset
|Crow: Ice Breath||The Ice Crow exhales a frosty breath that leaves a layer of cold air on the floor and later causes giant icicles to erupt from the ground.|
|Crow: Hurricane||The crow can manipulate the surrounding air, keeping the center of the arena as the eye of the storm. Those who step into the surrounding winds will quickly build Frostbite.|
|Crow: Line of Ice Shards||A linear attack. The Crow breathes a line of ice that will quickly emerge from the ground in a line.|
|Crow: Ice Trail||Just like the line of ice, except the crow can trail you with ice.|
|Crow: Ice Projectiles||The Crow can send out a stream of ice projectiles.|
|Umbral Summons||Periodically throughout the fight, the Hollow Crow will release a number of different Umbral Summons and enemies.|
|Wolf Summon: Ice Trail||The Umbral Ice Wolves can leave a trail of ice crystals in their path. Stepping on them will cause Frostbite.|
|Ice AoE||She can charge up an attack that will begin emitting frost, marked by an expanding circle on the ground. This can build Frostbite and temporarily freeze a portion of your Stamina.|
Tactics To Defeat The Hollow Crow
- Frostbite is the main thing you will have to manage in this boss fight. And by manage, it means you need to ensure he Frostbite status effect bar doesn’t fill up as there are a lot of things in this boss fight that can cause that. If Frostbite fills, it will take away a chunk of your stamina bar making you extremely weak.
- As the fight starts, there will be a few Umbral enemies summoned by The Hollow Crow. These might look like they can’t do much harm, but the wolves especially can leave a trail of icy shards that will cause Frostbite if you walk over them. So make sure you take out these enemies.
- The second thing that can cause a lot of Frostbite and cripple your movement in the arena is The Hollow Crow itself. It will do some wide-range attacks like the Ice Breath, which will cover a part of the area with ice, forcing you to reposition. Keep an eye out for it and position yourself accordingly.
- The Crow can also do his Line of Ice Shards attack which will cut you off from a part of the area for some time.
- Your main fight isn’t really against The Hollow Crow here; it’s against Lucy the Specter. Lucy will be seen floating around, but she will likely be in the specter form where she is untouchable. You will need to Soulflay her or go to the Umbral realm and deal damage to her.
- Always prioritize finding and hitting Lucy whenever you can. There will be too many ice attacks that will get stacked up if you don’t, and you will hardly be able to see or move much around the arena. When you hit her, she disappears and reappears again, so make sure you hit a charged attack when she reappears.
- As the fight progresses, there will be frequent Hurricane attacks in the center of the arena. The attacks themselves will be more frequent, giving you lesser room to position and dodge. You will have to be extremely aware of your surroundings by the end.
- Keep hitting Lucy whenever you can and once you have cleared her health, it is time to deliver your final blow to The Hollow Crow and end this boss fight.
Rewards For Defeating The Hollow Crow In Lords Of The Fallen
Here are all the rewards you can get for defeating The Hollow Crow in Lords of the Fallen:
- Vestige Seed
- Umbral Scouring x8
Soulflay the Stigma after the boss fight ends to gain these items:
- Umbral Scouring x2
- Remembrance of the Hollow Crow
You can then give the Remembrance of the Hollow Crow to Molhu and get these items for it:
- Dress of the Drowned
- Mask of the Drowned
- Grieving Gaze
In case you are having trouble defeating The Hollow Crow, check out our Lords of the Fallen combat tips to improve your fighting ability.