Starbreeze Studios, the developer-publisher of the popular Payday series, has officially picked up roguelite first-person shooter Roboquest. Released in early access on August 20, 2020, Roboquest is slated for its 1.0 launch this fall.
Before being available in early access in Steam and Microsoft Store, Roboquest had been a part of Game Preview on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S since January 30, 2023. The title is also available on Xbox Game Pass.
Now with Starbreeze officially joining hands with Roboquest developer RyseUp Studios, players can look forward to the launch of the full version later this year, with more updates following it.
While Roboquest has already garnered positive reviews in its early access window, there is a whole lot more that is promised with the full 1.0 launch.
Roboquest is a lightning-fast first person shooter where you jump into the steel shoes of a high-powered, hyper-mobile robot and fight like you’ve never fought before. 1/2 pic.twitter.com/9YPHa02azx
— Starbreeze Entertainment (@StarbreezeAB) August 10, 2023
What’s coming with Roboquest 1.0 launch?
Roboquest is set to include a ton of content in the complete version and here is a list of what’s coming:
- Access to a total of four new weapons will be available at launch will allow them to boost the fighting strength of their machines.
- We are also going to get a new class in the game which will only be revealed at the time of launch
- There will be a ton of more secrets and quests to complete that will add a lot more to the content for players seeking more from it.
- New customizations and new levels of combos will be another addition to the complete version.
- There will be more and more levels offered for players to explore through them.
- With all these additions, you can always expect the addition of a new set of enemies and a final boss to make things exciting.
- There will be updates to the sounds and overall cinematics of the game to improve the gameplay experience.
- New intel on the world of Roboquest will be available along with collectible cards as achievements in the complete version at release.
Roboquest early access reviews paint the roguelite FPS in a good light
Roboquest is a fast-paced roguelite FPS that is more focused on the precise movement and action of players. You will be in the shoes of a young girl named Max who comes across an old Guardian Robot and uses it to survive in the aftermath of climate change and war in 2700 where humans are in hiding.
You can jump into the single-player mode or team up with your friend in its 2 player co-op mode.
The official description of Roboquest reads,
“Shoot and run your way through randomly generated environments, pick-up upgrades along the way and blast the powerful big bad bosses you encounter. Upgrade your basecamp and unlock persistent upgrades to customize your playstyle and dive further on each subsequent run.”
While this is standard fare for roguelite games, Roboquest excels with its fun player movement and cel-shaded graphics which will surely remind you of the Borderlands series.
Roboquest has been receiving a ton of positive reviews from fans since its early access launch and remains in the “Very Positive” category of reviews on Steam with 4700+ reviews. It will be quite exciting to see what the full release brings along, and how Starbreeze’s involvement plays into it.
Roboquest is set to release in Fall 2023 on PC via Steam, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Game Pass.