If you thought Remnant: From the Ashes had a lot of weapons, Remnant 2 will surprise you. The sequel adds new, unique weapons and gives players numerous choices on how they want to engage in ranged combat.
In this guide, we will take a look at how you can unlock one such weapon called Enigma, a powerful handgun that is best suited for medium-range combat (also known to be a miniature version of The Labyrinth itself).
How to Craft and Unlock the Enigma Gun in Remnant 2
You can get the Enigma Gun in Remnant 2 by crafting it using the help of McCabe at Ward 13. It is a powerful and unique handgun that can tether electrified rods between your targets and deal shock elemental damage to all of them at the same time.
Here are all the items required to craft the Enigma handgun:
- x650 Scrap
- x7 Lumenite Crystal
- x1 Cipher Rod
Out of these three items, Scraps are just the general currency of the game, while Lumenite Crystals are found in drops after defeating Elite enemies or Abberations. This leaves us with the Cipher Rod, which requires a bit more effort to obtain.
How to find Cipher Rod to craft the Enigma Gun in Remnant 2
The Cipher Rod is found in The Labyrinth, one of the five locations or realms in Remnant 2. From the five locations, your playthrough can start in either Losomn, Yaesha, or N’erud. The Labyrinth is not one of the locations that your playthrough can start in, meaning you will have to progress through the story until you reach The Labyrinth.
However, once you get to The Labyrinth, you will find the location lives up to its namesake, and it can be confusing to understand where you need to go. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to get the Cipher Rod and craft the Enigma Gun in Remnant 2:
- Progress through The Labyrinth until you encounter a circular purple portal near the end of the location.
- Get ready to enter the portal and wait until you see the above image, it should look like white lines going away from you.
- Enter the portal right at this moment and you should fall down to a bridge as shown above.
- Progress through the area and reach the end of it, where you will find the Cipher Rod as an item you can pick up.
- Once you have the Cipher Rod, head back to McCabe in Ward 13 and you will be able to craft your Enigma handgun.
That is all you need to know on how to craft the Enigma Gun in Remnant 2. This gun can be a powerful weapon to handle large groups of enemies; just make sure to upgrade your new Enigma Gun to keep it powerful enough as you journey through the harsh worlds of Remnant 2. After obtaining the Enigma Gun, you might also be interested in acquiring the Hero’s Sword which is another powerful weapon in Remnant 2.