Lies of P Golden Lie is a special weapon that you can unlock by staying true to the lore of the game and the character you play. Lies of P lets you be Pinocchio himself, but are you really a true Pinocchio puppet if you don’t lie? Lying can get you through some parts of the game easily but it can also make it tougher in some parts. Regardless, if you stay true to P’s nature and lie every chance you get, you can get yourself the Golden Lie.
Let’s look at the actions you need to take throughout your playthrough to get to this point at the end of the game where you get awarded the coveted Golden Lie weapon. Be warned though as there are spoilers beyond this point.
How to get the Lies of P Golden Lie
The Golden Lie weapon can be obtained after you complete the game while lying at every chance you get. You will need to get the special ending that comes with only lying throughout the game. This also seems to work if you lied for the majority of choices but it would be safer and guaranteed if you just lied for all of them.
There are some extra steps that you will have to take as well throughout your playthrough and after the ending, so follow these step-by-step instructions on how you can get the Lies of P Golden Lie weapon:
- Make sure you say lies for every decision you make between lies and truths as you progress through the game.
- After defeating the Eldest of the Black Brotherhood, go to their hideout at the Malum District Town Hall Stargazer in Area 5.
- Inside a room on the left of the entrance and next to the stairs, you will find the Portrait of a Boy painting. This will be a painting depicting your own character and it is easy to spot. Collect this painting and progress to the nearest Stargazer for the next step.
- Go back to Hotel Krat and give Geppetto this painting, this is an important part of getting the Lies of P Golden Lie weapon as it will come back later. Continue to progress through the game after this.
- When you reach the part where you talk to Sophia in her room at the Ascension Bridge, choose the ‘Give her peace’ option. Continue progressing the game after this.
- Reach the end of the game and defeat Simon Manus, Awakened God.
- After this, Gepetto will ask you to give your heart to him, choose the ‘Refuse’ option here. This will lead to a fight with the Nameless Puppet.
- After defeating Nameless Puppet and after the credits of the game, the game will ask if you want to start an NG+ playthrough right away, do not start an NG+ playthrough here.
- Go back to Hotel Krat and play all the Records you have found throughout your playthrough on the Record Player.
- Once that is done, go into Geppetto’s study room and you will see the Portrait of the Boy painting that you found earlier. Only this time, it will have the Golden Lie sticking out of the painting depicting the long wooden nose of Pinocchio.
- You will now have the Golden Lie weapon unlocked and ready to be used.
Lies of P Golden Lie Weapon Stats and Details
The Golden Lie is in the category of Special Weapons in Lies of P, meaning you cannot dissemble it and create new weapons out of it. It is a powerful all-rounder weapon that can fit any build and can be made even better for your own build using Cranks. Here are the full stats and details of the weapon:
Lies of P Golden Lie Stats
- Type: Blunt
- Base Physical ATK: 94
- Attack type: Slash, Stab
- Motivity Scaling: C
- Technique Scaling: C
- Advance Scaling: None
- Weapon Durability: 84
- Weapon Disassembly: Cannot Disassemble
- Charge Pulse Cells: 9.50
- Fable Charge: 379
- Total Weight: 12.3
- Damage Reduction Rate while Guarding: 47.53
Lies of P Golden Lie Fable Arts
- Storm Attack: Trigger three consecutive forward attacks. Good for covering distance as you attack. Make sure you only do this when the enemy is staggered or off balance because you can miss the second and third attacks.
- Furious Golden Hits: Swing your weapon to attack and defend simultaneously. Hold the attack button down to keep swinging. Can be really powerful against bosses that leave small windows of opening to attack.
That is everything that you need to know about Lies of P Golden Lie and how you can go about getting it for yourself. Since you are looking for unique weapons and items, you are going to need specific items to upgrade them, and for that, you should check out our guide on the best Lies of P Hidden Moonstone Farming locations.