Neowiz Games’ Pinocchio-themed Soulsborne game has received its first patch, and it has fans excited. Lies of P’s Patch 1.2 brings several changes to the game’s combat especially centered around boss fights, which have become significantly easier. This update resolves several issues that had made the playthrough quite difficult for many gamers.
The latest Lies of P update comes just over a week after its much-anticipated PS5 release. While many have beaten the game already at this point, the updates included in the fresh patch will add to its replay value.
While aimed at resolving some prominent issues that had made the gameplay difficult (as is common with any Soulslike game), this update brings several new features as well which will surely be welcomed by fans.
Here are the updates introduced in the latest Lies of P patch.
How does the new Lies of P update 1.2 affect the Gameplay
Mini-bosses (and bosses) are easier to beat
There have been some significant alterations to the game’s combat system that can influence the difficulty. The most obvious change in Lies of P 1.2 that makes the gameplay easier is the tweaks made to the staggerable window and the ability to break stance. This makes mini-boss fights and fights with regular monster easier.
Mini bosses have been quite difficult to deal with in the game so far, and at times pose even greater challenge than the bosses themselves. This update to the combat stance is bound to make many gamers happy who would have otherwise had to spend countless hours trying to counter the mini-boss’ attack strategies. The tweaks made to the stats of certain bosses is another welcome change.
Buffing the specter’s stats has made boss fights easier. Many gamers, especially those who are new to the genre, have been relying a lot on the specter to get through the boss fights which otherwise would have been almost impossible.
Fable arts is better and so is the capacity stat
The tweaks made to the fable arts mechanic in particular is something that the game needed. This update makes fable arts more versatile in use and adds to greatly to the game’s already impressive combat mechanics.
Finally, the capacity update in Lies of P patch 1.2 makes everything in the game somewhat easier. For those who have chosen the Balanced or Dexterity builds, P would become encumbered very soon. With this new Lies of P update, there is an incentive to invest in the capacity stat and make the best out of Pinocchio’s combat prowess irrespective of the build.
While many Soulsborne veterans have already expressed their displeasure at the new update which seems to nerf the combat system even more, the patch is welcomed by many who are yet to beat the game. It seems as though the tweaks included in the new Lies of P update are intended to help gamers enjoy the new narrative style gameplay that makes the game stand out amongst other Soulslike counterparts.
Lies of P version 1.2 patch notes: All changes from the latest update
Field Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters’ stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
- Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
- Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade
Boss Monster Balance Changes in Lies of P v1.2
- Decreased the HP of ‘Fallen Archbishop Andreus’
- Decreased the HP of ‘King of Puppets’ in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of ‘Simon Manus, Arm of God’
- Decreased the damage of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the chance to break the stance of ‘Simon Manus, Awakened God’
- Increased the Specter’s HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Best Lies of P Legion Arms at the Gold Coin Tree
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character’s level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
Additional Changes in Lies of P patch 1.2
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art ‘Guard Parry’ will now break the monster’s stance
- Lies of P now supports the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices.
Bug Fixes in Lies of P patch 1.2
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium II – Acid Charge’ rarely not working properly
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm ‘Pandemonium’ consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the ‘Nameless Puppet’ with Graphic Quality Presets – Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)