While following the retreated root into the depths of the ocean, you will encounter a locked gate blocking your path to the Merfolk Kingdom in Coral Island. Your task is to find a way to open this mysterious gate and we are here to help you through all of it.
Here’s how you can find a way to open the gate in Coral Island and progress further into the game.
On This Page
How To Open The Merfolk Kingdom Gate In Coral Island
To open the Merfolk Kingdom gate as part of the “Explore the ocean” main quest in Coral Island, you need to follow the retreated root to the gate and then hover over the glowing shell shapes on the ground and match the combination in the front.
The combination is as follows:
- Right -> Left -> Down -> Up
Once you enter the right combination, the door will open and you will trigger a cutscene introducing you to the beautiful Merfolk Kingdom in Coral Island.
ATTENTION: Do keep in mind that you will not be able to reach the gate until you have healed all the Coral Sites near the areas of Se Pulu and Dua Pulu.
How To Heal Coral Sites In Coral Island
To heal Coral Sites, you need to use your Sickle and clear out the trash lying on the ocean floor till you find a small Solar Orb hidden underneath. Once you find the orb, interact with it to send it back to the light emitter and follow the golden light path.
Make sure that the path isn’t obstructed by any trash lying nearby and then follow it till a light pillar emerges from the sand and emits an enormous light source that heals the ocean.
You need to heal every Coral Site to progress your game’s storyline as well as interact with the Merfolk Kingdom residents.
All Explore The Ocean Quests In Coral Island
Once you get your diving suit and start exploring the Ocean, Ling will instruct you to heal the Coral Sites and send you on a quest to explore the Ocean. The quest has the following parts:
- Heal coral sites (0/20) – You need to heal the nearby coral sites as soon as you start diving into the ocean in Coral Island. Upgrading your Sickle to bronze quality will also help clear out trash faster while diving.
- Inspect the source of the shake – After healing 20 coral sites you need to investigate the source of the rumbling you witnessed underwater to find a corrupted root of the Ancient Tree retreating away from you.
- Follow the retreated root – The retreated root will lead you to the locked gate of the Merfolk Kingdom. You will also have to heal coral sites along the way to keep up with the path the retreating root takes.
- Find a way to open the gate – The Merfolk Kingdom gate will require a special combination to unlock. But before you can reach the gate, you will need to heal every Coral Site in Se Pulu and Dua Pulu. Refer to the map above to pinpoint what sites you might have missed in your game.
Now that you have access to the Merfolk Kingdom, you might want to check out our Merfolk Kingdom Romance guide to find a potential mermaid/merman to woo in the game. But, if you’re more into the money-making side of things, this How to Make More Money in Coral Island guide is perfect for you.