Lies of P weight limits add an extra layer of realism to the Soulslike by Neowiz games. Since its launch, Lies of P has been receiving acclaim from critics as well as users. The reason being its gameplay, setting, and its unique twist on the Soulslike formula which makes it a breath of fresh air for veterans and newcomers alike.
The weight system in Lies of P is a little different as compared to the FromSoftware games. It can be a little puzzling but this guide will simplify it for you. Weight limits mobility, as you must be well aware of. In Lies of P, more weight means less speed, less stamina recovery, slow attacking and dodging as well as sluggish movement.
How is Weight determined in Lies of P?
Pinocchio’s inventory in the game is not infinite. You can only hold numbered items, the rest of your possessions are in storage. To access them, you need to go to the nearest Stargazer. But the weight capacity in the game is determined by the things you have equipped on your character. So, each equipped item will contribute to the overall weight.
Now, the game offers the following categories as per weight thresholds.
|Percentage of your Weight Capacity
|Less than or equal to 59 percent
|69% to 79%
|80% to 99%
The consequences of falling in any one of these 4 categories are as follows:
- Regular and Slightly Heavy don’t slow down the speed of your movement by an awful lot. You still move relatively fast and are still agile. As you enter the slightly heavy category, the burden of carrying the weight of your weight starts to kick in. But it isn’t a dealbreaker by any means.
- However, as you roll over into the Heavy category, you start moving, dodging, attacking, and sprinting a lot slower than when in the above two categories. And, the screen will move when you dodge which will affect concentration and visibility.
- If you choose to be a powerlifter in the game and want to be in the Very Heavy league, you won’t be able to run at all. Your dodges will be awfully slow and your attack swings and strokes will take ages. This is basically the game telling you to auger down by making itself unplayable to you.
How to Increase or Decrease Weight Limits in Lies of P
If you want to get rid of these troubles associated with weight. You have three options:
- To decrease weight, P will have to discard some pieces of equipment. Weapons, amulets, anything and everything contributing to the weight. Some of it has to be let go of.
- Equip Lighter Weapons.
- Increase Capacity: Go to Hotel Krat. Interact with Sophia. Tell her that you want to Level Up. Scroll down in the Level Up menu. Now, increase the capacity as per the number of available Ergos. This will let you carry heavier equipment with less slowdown to your mobility.