Lords of the Fallen has a plethora of boss fights throughout the game, some optional while some are mandatory to beat for progression. In true Soulslike fashion, some of the optional bosses end up being much more of a challenge than the main ones.
This boss guide will focus on one such boss that you can possibly face if you go for the Umbral Ending: Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel. So, let’s take a look at where you can find this boss along with his moveset and how you can go about defeating her.
On This Page
Where To Find Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel In Lords of the Fallen
Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel can be found at The Empyrean in Lords of the Fallen. But, it is important to know that Judge Cleric is an NPC that you can interact with after her boss fight. So, these instructions below are not for finding her but rather about where you can find her as a boss before she turns into a friendly NPC.
Here is how you can get to the boss arena for Judge Cleric in The Empyrean area:
- Progress through the game as you go for the Umbral Ending and defeat Rapturous Huntress Lirenne.
- You will now be in the area known as Abbey. Progress through this area and at the end of the area you will see a church-like ruined building.
- Go through this church and you will find an Umbral Flowerbed at its back where we recommend putting down a Vestige Seed.
- Progressing ahead from here will lead you to the arena where the Judge Cleric boss fight takes place.
Lords Of The Fallen Judge Cleric Boss Guide
Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel in Lords of the Fallen is a tough boss with two distinct phases and a lot of unique moves that you will need to learn. First, let’s take a look at the extensive list of all attacks that Judge Cleric can possibly hit you with.
Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel Moveset
Phase 1 Moveset
|Spear Thrust||A long-reaching stabbing thrust with her flag spear.|
|Spear Sweep||She can do a swing attack with her long spear.|
|Sword Swing combo||A combination of backhand and forehand swings as she continues to take a step with each action.|
|Light Rain of Holy Arrows||A charged attack will now immediately follow with a rain of Radiance arrows that will build up Smite. The radiance will also linger on the ground for a brief period, continuing to build smite upon contact.|
|Dense Rain of Holy Arrow||A dense amount of holy-imbued arrows will rain down in an encircled area. The arrows will also sprout thorns that will continue to build Smite upon contact. The range of this attack will be marked by a glowing circle on the ground.|
|Arrow rain circle||Another version of the rain of arrows, but dealt in circular formation surrounded the Judge Cleric.|
|Smite shockwave AoE||Judge Cleric strikes her spear on the ground and releases a shockwave revealed by an expanding glowing circle on the ground.|
|Radiant beam sweep||Her weapon can now release a powerful beam. She can continue to sweep her weapon and move the beam.|
Phase 2 Moveset
|Fire AoE||A burning expanding circle.|
|Fire Thrust Flamethrow||A melee attack that is now imbued with fire and can now inflict the Burn status effect.|
|Dash||She can now dodge a further distance while doing a melee attack.|
|Combustible Slash||Some of her melee attacks can now detonate following the slash or strike.|
|Fire Whip Swing||The swinging of her spear leaves a trail of fire.|
|Five Fireball projectile fan||One of the attack patterns of the projectile balls that she can throw in a fan-like pattern.|
|Fireball Square pattern||The projectile balls spread in all directions away from Judge Cleric.|
|Crystal Fire strike||A melee strike that can follow with a crystal fire that emerges from the ground, extending the range of this attack forward.|
|Fire Shards||While the trident is in place, crystal fire attacks will continue to emerge from the ground throughout the boss area.|
Phase 1 Strategy For The Judge Cleric Boss Guide
- Her attacks can have a long reach: Maintaining a good distance from her can still get you hit a lot of times because she wields a spear that has quite long-reaching attacks. Your best counter to her long-reaching attacks is to side-step and dodge them to the sides or try to block them if you are playing a tank build.
- Watch out for combos: Apart from the spear, she also wields a sword and whenever she attacks with it, she will do multiple hits in a combo while simultaneously advancing her position towards you. Do not try and hit her between this combo, wait for her full combo to end before you take any action.
- The Smite effect: After about 1/3rd of her health is depleted, she will imbue herself with Radiance. This will now make her do holy damage and can make it hard to approach her due to a lot of AoE spells in effect. However, these attack animations lock her in position for a long time. So, take this opportunity after her attack lands to get up to her quickly and dish out some damage.
- Be careful of your position in the arena: One of the more common attacks that she will do after she gets imbued with Radiance is the Rain of Holy Arrows. These will spread out over the arena randomly and have a lingering effect which will make it so that you cannot step in and around it. So when this happens, you need to be extra cautious of where you step and the route you take to approach her.
- Punish her overconfidence: At some points during the fight, she will pause for a moment to either have a laugh or strike a pose. These moments are crucial as this is the best time to get up close and deal damage to her since she will be defenseless and locked in this animation cycle.
Phase 2 Strategy For The Judge Cleric Boss Guide
- Use the Fire Ward consumable: For the second phase of this boss fight, Judge Cleric will now switch to Fire damage from the earlier Radiance damage. Having a Fire Ward comes in handy for this phase as it will greatly increase your defense against fire.
- Stay close, be aggressive: Compared to the previous stage where she was considerably slow in mobility, she is now going to be agile and move around the arena a lot. You cannot afford to stay far away as by the time you close the distance she will already move to another position. So, stay close and be aggressive during this phase.
- Watch for AoE attacks: The only time you should consider creating some distance from her is when she is about to do her AoE fire attack. You can look for the cue of this attack when she looks like she is absorbing all the fire within her. Get away from her quickly as she will let out all of that fire in a large AoE attack soon after.
- Get rid of the trident: at certain points during this phase, she will put down a trident weapon that will start summoning fire shards throughout the arena. When this happens, quickly attack the trident and get rid of it so that you can focus back on her.
- Learn her throwing pattern: One of the more deadly attacks that she will now start doing is the Fireball Projectile attacks. However, these ranged attacks can have different patterns. So, you will need to react quickly because it’s only after she throws it that you will come to know its pattern. The cue for this attack is when she raises her weapon up to throw it at you.
Rewards For Defeating Judge Cleric In Lords Of The Fallen
Here are all the rewards you can get for defeating Judge Cleric, The Radiant Sentinel in Lords of the Fallen:
- Vestige Seed
- Umbral Scouring x8
Soul Flay the Stigma after the boss fight ends to get the following items:
- Umbral Scouring x2
- Remembrance of Judge Cleric the Radiant Sentinel
You can then give the Remembrance of Judge Cleric, the Radiant Sentinel to Molhu to gain access to the following items:
- Judge Cleric’s Radiant Sword
- Judge Cleric’s Spear
- Judge Cleric’s Corrupted Sword
- Judge Cleric’s Gauntlets
- Judge Cleric’s Armour
- Judge Cleric’s Crown
- Judge Cleric’s Leggings
- Corrupted Cleric’s Wrappings
- Corrupted Cleric’s Armour
- Corrupted Cleric’s Crown
- Corrupted Cleric’s Skirt
- Briar Storm
- Corrupted Banner Javelin
- Pyroclastic Stone
That is it for the Lords of the Fallen Judge Cleric boss guide. You might also be interested in knowing how to beat Andreas of Ebb in Lords of the Fallen.