Gerlinde is an NPC in Lords of the Fallen whom you will rescue and bring back to your main hub, where she will act as a vendor for weapons and upgrades. Most NPCs you meet in Soulslike games will often have a quest that they need you to complete. Similarly, once you have located Gerlinde the blacksmith, she will ask you to bring back rune tablets for her.
When you are talking to her, Gerlinde will ask you to bring back 3 rune tablets which can potentially improve her skills. This guide will help you find all 3 tablets and help you decide whether to give them to Gerlinde or Sparky.
On This Page
Where Are Gerlinde’s Tablets In Lords Of The Fallen?
After finding and rescuing Gerlinde, getting her the 3 rune tablets can unlock more skills for Gerlinde that ultimately help you upgrade your weapons. It will also give Gerlinde the ability to add runes to your weapons and shields.
These are the 3 tablets that you need to find for Gerlinde’s quest in Lords of the Fallen:
- Cracked Rune Tablet
- Chipped Rune Tablet
- Rune Tablet
Keep in mind that you can also give these to Sparky, the creature Gerlinde has enslaved, for a different outcome, but more on that later.
Cracked Rune Tablet Location
The first rune tablet in Lords of the Fallen can be found in the Fitzroy’s Gorge area. Here is how you can get to it:
- Progress through the area until you get to the cave system. This will be somewhere in the middle of this area in terms of progression.
- Soon you will find an Umbral Bridge that extends out from a wooden ramp. Head forward from here, and through the gap in the wall.
- In the area that the gap leads to, you will find an NPC named Drustan if it’s your first time here. Keep going past this NPC and you will find the Cracked Rune Tablet in an area overlooking the main path below.
Chipped Rune Tablet Location
The second tablet can be found in the Upper Calrath Mining District. Here is how you can get it:
- Go through Calrath Slums and defeat the boss at the end. This will open a way into the blacksmithing industry part of the area.
- Follow the path as it leads you through different surroundings like the streets, the fountain, and then finally up the round pathway.
- Here you will find a Ravager enemy guarding the general area. You can avoid this enemy and jump into the cracked roof opening here.
- Inside, you will find a fireplace guarded by inferno magic-wielding enemies. Defeat them and loot the fireplace to get the Chipped Rune Tablet.
Rune Tablet location
This is the most straightforward and easy-to-get of them all. Here is how you can find it:
- You can find this one in the Tower of Penace. From the top of the tower, drop down a few levels and reach the level with a grate flooring.
- Here you will find a chest with an ominous black glow. Open this chest and loot the Rune tablet.
You will now have all 3 Rune tablets which you can now give back to Gerlinde or even Sparky.
Should You Give The Rune Tablets To Gerlinde Or Sparky?
Once you return to Gerlinde with all the 3 Rune tablets, you will have a choice between giving them to Gerlinde as she asked or handing them over to Sparky.
- Giving Rune Tablets to Gerlinde: Doing this results in the most expected outcome. It will give Gerlinde the ability to slot in runes for you whenever you visit her. It will also keep Sparky enslaved to Gerlinde.
- Giving Rune Tablets to Sparky: Doing this results in Sparky finally being set free from Gerlinde. Sparky will also teach you how to improve your gear and slot runes into your weapons by yourself, so you will be able to do that at any Vestige rather than having to come to Gerlinde. This will also result in Gerlinde’s disapproval, which will make her charge you more for her services. It means a slight increase in the cost of the items she sells.
That is all for the Lords of the Fallen tablets location guide. You might also be interested in reading about how to get and use Vestige Seeds in Lords of the Fallen.