With all the recent matchmaking errors players have been witnessing in Payday 3’s Online Only mode, you can only hope that Starbreeze Studio comes up with a permanent solution to this problem. But for now, the Payday 3 Offline Mod might just be the solace you need to counter all your matchmaking issues and let you at least play this new first-person shooter.
User Shaggy has recently released this Payday 3 Offline Mod in NexusMods. Not only does this mod let you play the game without being stuck in the matchmaking screen of Payday 3’s Online mode, but it also lets you enjoy the game alone if you prefer solo gameplay.
How to Download and Install the Payday 3 Offline Mod
- To download the Payday 3 Offline Mod, just locate the Files section of this mod on the NexusMods website
- Select ‘Manual Download’. The downloaded file will be a .rar file which you can extract using 7Zip or Winrar.
- Next, make sure to keep a copy of the game’s binary file so that you can get rid of the mod easily when the online servers are fixed or if by sheer luck the offline mode becomes official. Till then you can treat the mod as a temporary fix.
Note: The Payday 3 binary file will be located in the game’s root folder. You can browse it by right-clicking on the game in your Steam library and then clicking Properties>Local Files>Browse. We recommend backing up the .exe file in a safe location of your choice.
- Now extract the contents of the .rar file and paste them into the binary folder of Payday 3.
- Now all you have to do is run the game and enjoy each map.
The “Touch the Sky” map may not work with this mod. So, make sure to avoid that one.
Also, minimize the debugging tool window that usually pops up while running the game under the offline mod.
Does the Payday 3 Offline Mod Reward XP and Achievements?
Unfortunately no, this Payday 3 Offline Mod does not reward any XP or money while attempting any heist in the game. Since the mod’s creator strictly rules this mod as “just for fun and learning”, gathering experience points while offline would be sort of cheating the system.
However, according to the comments under the YouTube tutorial linked above, it seems like the game does reward achievements while the offline mod is running.
We can only hope the server issues get fixed and we get to play those thrilling heists the intended way as soon as possible.