The Starfield Burden of Proof quest sends the player to the UC Vigilance location in an attempt to uncover The Crimson Fleet’s dirty deeds. The goal is to find text and audio logs which can be used to bring The Crimson Fleet to justice.
The Burden of Proof mission in Starfield is unlocked well before players can find the evidence, which may lead to confusion for some. This guide will help complete the quest, which is crucial for the story of the group to progress.
Requirements for the Starfield Burden of Proof quest
- You need to reach the Search Carter’s Locker stage in the mission Echoes of the past. This will be unlocked after you complete the Search Kryx’s cell for information part of the same mission.
Where to find the evidence in Starfield Burden of Proof mission
After you partake in the mission Echoes of the Past, you will encounter Search Carter’s Locker as your objective. Once you reach that stage, follow the indicators through the caves.
Here is the detailed walkthrough:
- Leave Kryx’s cell and take the first left after walking down the catwalk.
- Go up the stairs on the left to reach the broken section of the catwalk.
- Using your jumpsuit, cross through the broken section and turn right.
- Proceed to walk through the catwalk and jump down from the second broken section.
- You will then reach the lower lever catwalk bridge.
- Enter the room ahead with the beige color door.
- You will then reach a room where there will be 4 lockers. You need to open the second one to the right.
- This will let you find Carter’s Slate, which contains an important recording of a conversation between Jasper Kryx and Carter. This will provide a unique code associated with The Crimson Fleet’s illicit activities.
While on the mission, you will be given the option to commit some crimes. Bear in mind that if you get caught, trouble follows. Much like other missions in Starfield, what you do makes an impact on the rest of the story.
In the last leg of the Starfield Burden of Proof quest, you need to complete the next step by returning the evidence to Lt. Loft. Doing so concludes the mission and allows you to proceed with the story.