The Baldur’s Gate 3 Save Mayrina is one of those quests that put you in many dilemmas. Although each choice plays out differently, the end result doesn’t change much, which culminates in your fight with Auntie Ethel.
The quest begins in the Sunlit Wetlands when you come across two brothers who are being aggressive while interrogating Auntie Ethel about their missing sister Mayrina. Now coming to the first dilemma, you either have to take sides with the brothers, resulting in Ethel being displeased and disappearing.
Meanwhile, siding with Ethel you will have to beat up the brothers, which will also save their lives as they probably won’t be able to go after Ethel. However, you need to make sure that you use non-lethal damage from the Passive section to avoid killing them. Anyhow, you now have to get to the Riverside Teahouse where Ethel is keeping Mayrina captive.
How to cross the Overgrown Tunnels in Baldur’s Gate 3 Save Mayrina quest
Once you get to Auntie Ethel’s Teahouse, the initial scene could play out in different ways depending upon what choice you made during your previous encounter with Ethel. Either way, Auntie Ethel who turns out to be a hag will teleport Mayrina and you have to find your way to her. First, you need to get through the illusionary wall hidden behind the fireplace, making your way through the Overgrown Tunnels.
In the Overgrown Tunnel, you need to grab the Whispering Mask to get through the speaking wooden wall that turns out to be illusionary as well. However, make sure to remove the Whispering Mask to avoid getting possessed by the hag. Coming through this room, you will have to fight the other possessed masked people and make your way through to Mayrina’s cage.
How to save Mayrina in Baldur’s Gate 3 and defeat Auntie Ethel
Once you reach the area where Mayrina is being held captive in a cage, you will have very little time as Auntie Ethel will set Mayrina’s cage on fire once you come across her. So, let us check out what you can do to save Mayrina:
- The first option you can go for is to use a ranged attack on a yellow Control Orb to lower Mayrina’s cage and let her come out.
- The second option is to sneak up to the orb or use invisibility to get closer to the orb and lower it before the fight itself.
- Either way, you now have to focus on fighting Ethel and the best course is to push her into the pit for the easier path.
- However, if you wish to fight, make sure to use melee attacks to restrict her from using powerful spells.
- When you reach the middle of the fight, Ethel will turn herself into Mayrina to create confusion.
- Although, the level five Mayrina is Auntie Ethel, so you can attack her.
- However, if you used the “Create or Destroy Water” spell to put out the fire earlier, then you can easily recognize the original Mayrina as she will be wet from the water.
Now when Ethel is at 20HP, she will put you in another dilemma of accepting a gift from her in exchange for sparing her and letting her keep Mayrina as well. The gift which is Ethel’s piece of hair grants you a +1 on any of your ability scores. Though your goal is to save Mayrina, you can either convince Ethel to let go of Mayrina as well as giving you the gift or you can still kill the hag and loot her.
Saving Mayrina’s Husband
After you have saved Mayrina, you can follow her to her husband’s coffin behind the Teahouse where you will come across another dilemma. Once you talk to her, there will be several choices that you can choose from that involve the Bitter Divorce wand found in the Acrid Workshop.
Coming to the choices, you can either make Mayrina run off crying or wake her husband up who will be a zombie, and keep him so you can summon him anytime. However, if you wish to take on a quest involving Mayrina again in the game, you let her keep the wand along with her zombie husband as she leaves for the city of Baldur’s Gate to find a cure for restoring him to life.
That was all on our guide on how to save Mayrina in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you found this helpful, do check out our guide on Chamber of Justice Puzzle Solution.