If murderous puppets weren’t creepy enough, Lies of P has some that like to crawl too. Guarding the Krat city is a menacing Scrapped Watchman who, according to lore, used to be friends with children. Whoever those kids are, you probably do not want to mess with them. Nevertheless, beating the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman is no walk in the courtyard.
This boss is what stands between you and the Stargazer. So, get geared for an electric fight with the Scrapped Watchman which will test all that you have learned thus far playing Lies of P.
Lies of P Scrapped Watchman Attacks
The Lies of P Scrapped Watchman is among the fastest bosses you’ll encounter early game and needless to say, the deadliest. Unlike real-life watchmen, the guard of Krat City is armed with way more than just a torch and a baton. The Scrapped Watchman likes to charge in every sense of the word. All his attacks include rushing at Pinocchio. The most dangerous ones in his arsenal though are the attacks that involve him charging up.
- The most basic attacks in the scrapped watchman’s arsenal are multidirectional swipes. These can come from any direction and from any range.
- The second attack involves arm smashes which are meant to pummel Pinnochio into the ground.
- A powerful variation of the arm smash is a charged one with a red glow where the Watchman uses both his arms.
- He is also capable of using a special sweep attack where he can grab a hold of Pinnochio if he is too close.
- As always to unleash the boss’s most powerful attacks you’ll have to get their health below 50%. This makes the watchman strike with charged electric attacks which deal substantially more damage.
- While most charged attacks are the same as the ones before the health drop, the most dangerous attack the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman boss can muster is a rolling smash after jumping quite a distance in the air.
- The Scrapped Watchman also has an AOE damage attack when using an electric charge.
The Best Strategy to Defeat the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman Boss
Given the boss’s speed, timing is crucial to coming out on top in this altercation. Despite the Scrapped Watchman’s agility while attacking, his frequency of striking seems to be considerably low when he is above 50% health. So, you can capitalize on the low strike rate and time your attacks accordingly. It is possible to land successive light attacks after each of the Watchman’s attacks early in the fight.
The pattern of the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman’s attacks is quite straightforward. You can make it out as the battle goes on. It is best to stay as far as possible from the watchman when he is about to pounce and only strike after he has. The charged attacks are quite dangerous and include a jumping attack that does consistent AOE damage which can also stagger you for the duration of the effect. Timing again is crucial in dealing with these attacks.
Also read: Can You Pause in Lies of P?
The electrified attacks seem to take a lot out of the Scrapped Watchman as he tends to get staggered after each strike. This is the most opportune moment to attack. This is also the only window of opportunity to attack with electricity due to his vulnerability. The Watchman’s health goes down with a fair bit of ease, so you’ll find it a better strategy to land light attacks successively rather than going with heavy ones.
There is another strategy that can trivialize the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman boss fight. Before heading to the courtyard, you can summon a Spectre from the basin at its entrance. The Spectre serves as a valuable ally in the fight and will keep the Watchman engaged while you land your attacks at will. However, the Spectre is vulnerable to many of the Watchman’s electric attacks, so you’ll have to finish the fight before the Spectre is destroyed.
The strategy here is quite straightforward and whichever option you choose for defeating the Scrapped Watchman will grant you some great rewards. You’ll earn an Overcharged Storage Battery, A Broken Hero’s Ergo, a Core, and Quartz.
That’s all for the Lies of P Scrapped Watchman boss fight guide. For more guides, check out our detailed coverage of Lies of P boss fight, general gameplay guides, and more.