Remnant 2 introduces a new mechanic called the Archetype system in the latest entry, which allows players to effortlessly switch between playstyles. These Archetypes serve as player classes that determine the character’s abilities and available weapons. While some Archetypes are accessible from the beginning, others, like the Alchemist, have to be unlocked by exploration and defeating various mini-bosses. The pursuit of unlocking the Alchemist Archetype involves intricate challenges, much like the enigma presented by the Lament Door Puzzle in the world of Remnant 2.
Unlocking the Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2 Losomn
To unlock the Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2, you must acquire an item known as the Mysterious Stone by defeating a secret miniboss lurking in Losomn slums. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do exactly that:
- To access the underbelly of Losomn in Remnant 2, you must intentionally get captured by the creature residing on the Drans side of the area. Although it may seem counterintuitive to get captured and perish, it is actually the way to enter the Bone Collectors’ lair.
- Inside this lair, you will find the Mysterious Stone. However, in order to obtain this resource, you have to overcome an opponent—the Bone Collector—who guards their domain. Although not classified as a boss per se, this guardian possesses movesets and considerable health points, making this encounter quite challenging.
- To defeat the Bone Collector, you should focus on timing your dodges effectively and showering the enemy with bullets. While you can use melee weapons, relying on firearms is a much safer approach.
- To approach the Bone Collector, you can look for a bent sewer gate and once you get close to it, the Bone Collector will spawn automatically and drag you into the sewer in its nest. Defeating the Bone Collector will grant you access to the Mysterious Stone.
- Once the Mysterious Stone is acquired, you need to take it to Wallace in Ward 13, your hub in Remnant 2. Wallace will assist in crafting the Archetype item – the Philosopher’s Stone Engram, which can be equipped in the Archetype slot, granting access to the Alchemist’s unique abilities and weapons. It is important to note that you will have to give Wallace 10 Lumenite Crystals and 1,000 Scrap to unlock Remnant 2’s Alchemist Archetype.