In Starfield, you will most likely spend a lot of time on your spaceship. There are two distinct ways to deboard your ship in the game. On planets, you will have to land your ship and deboard. This is relatively easy, as you simply have to pick a spot to land on the planet you have selected, and the ship lands itself. In space, however, things are a little different. In order to enter a space station or another ship in space, you will have to dock your ship.
Step By Step Guide To Docking Ship in Starfield:
In order to enter space stations, such as the Nova Galactic Staryard space station in the second main story mission of Starfield, The Old Neighborhood, you will have to manually dock your ship. You can follow this step-by-step guide to dock your ship in any space station or an ally’s ship:
- Once you have eyes on the space station you want to dock in, target the station by pressing the A button.
- Holding down the A button on the Xbox controller (E button on PC) will give you an option to hail your target. Doing so will open a communication channel with the target.
- In order to dock, ensure that you are less than 500m away from your target.
- Once you are in the right distance, you will see a prompt that indicates the docking option is available.
- When you see the prompt, hold down the X button on the Xbox controller (R button on PC) to begin the docking procedure.
- The ship will dock itself and you will find yourself back in the pilot’s seat.
After you have successfully docked, you will get three options to proceed.
- Board the space station or ship you have docked with (using the X button on Xbox as well as PC)
- Undock from the space station or ship (by holding down the Y button on Xbox or Spacebar on PC) and begin your journey
- Leave the pilot’s seat and roam around your ship (using the B button on Xbox or the E button on PC)
Note: If you have some things in your ship to take care of before you board the space station or ship, you can choose the third option. After finishing your work in the spaceship, you can travel to your ship’s airlock, open it to find the door to the other vessel, and board the space station or ship you have docked with.
When you have docked your ship, you will not be able to fast travel or even open the star map to select another location to travel. When you want to fast travel to another location using Grav jump, you will have to get back into your ship, get in the pilot’s seat, and choose the undock option. After you have successfully undocked and back in space, controlling your ship, you can manually travel through space or open the star map to select a location for fast travel.